Tuesday 14 February 2012

An Exciting Year Ahead


WOW … what an exciting year this will be for me!
 
I have the privilege of being the 2012 Artist-in-Residence at Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt Coot-tha.  I will be demonstrating and running workshops for adults and children throughout the year, as well as exhibiting my work.

For those who don’t know me, I am passionate about calligraphy and lettering, and for this reason I have chosen “THE LANGUAGE OF NATURE” as my theme for the year. I will use letters, words and symbols as the inspiration to create hangings, artist books, sculptures and wearable art. I work with all types of textiles – fibres, paper, yarns and fabrics.  I love the tactile qualities of the materials and I enjoy playing with textures and colour combinations.

I am a member of many craft groups, and I plan to work collaboratively with many of my colleagues throughout the residency. I will be working at the Gardens on regular days each month, as well as at other special times.

I HOPE YOU’LL CALL PAST AND SAY HELLO!
or visit my website www.triciasmout.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Tricia. Look forward to seeing/hearing about your artistic endeavours over the year

    ReplyDelete